Matthew Hawke has considerable specialist experience in construction law. In a sector always affected by the pressure of time, Matthew’s background in technology allows him to bring smart technological solutions to complex legal problems.
In addition to advising clients on construction disputes (including security of payment and compulsory acquisition), Matthew also provides front-end advice on the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, having experience with all common Australian Standard construction contracts.
Outside the construction space, Matthew supports clients in advancing or defending their general contractual, misrepresentation, trade practices and common law claims, building on his background in large-scale insolvency disputes.
Matthew's experience has also been recognised by his inclusion in The Best LawyersTM Australia for Construction/Infrastructure Law. He is also ranked by peers in the South Australian 2022 Doyle's Guide as a Recommended Lawyer in Construction & Infrastructure Litigation.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
- Master of Construction Law
- Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA) - SA State Committee
- Law Society of South Australia
- Law Council of Australia - Business Law Section (Construction & Infrastructure Law Committee)
- Society of Construction Law Australia